Monday, July 26, 2010

things i miss eating but cannot eat anymore

so for those of you who know me (or even met me and may have made this comment off hand), i can't eat certain types of shellfish. mainly, i can't eat shrimp, lobster, or crab. not even eat things that have come into contact with any of those three. it's made my life a bit more difficult, especially since i'm japanese and most dishes are prepared with or in contact with any of these three. but i've managed, had a few slip ups here and there, but nothing that forced me into the hospital.

lately, because it's summer probably, i've been craving shrimp more than usual. red lobster commercials kill me. i die almost every time i see any menu that has a "seafood special" because it usually means an orgy of things waiting to kill me. i know, i know, i'm being dramatic. there are people out there with way worse food allergies than mine (i.e. gluten, peanut, lactose intolerance). but i suppose the fact that i've gone from being able to eat ANYTHING to now having a restriction, i can honestly say that i'm a little disappointed with my body. thanks, genetics! (side note: several family members on my father's side of the family have a shellfish allergy, including my father whom is allergic to only certain types of crab).

so in my spiteful attitude, i am making a list of things i really want to eat but can't. i know this will not make me feel better but i'm drunk and i don't give a fuck.

1. everything at bubba gumps.
2. tempura
3. seafood risotto
4. shrimp scampi pizza
5. shrimp chips
6. thai style snow crab
7. shrimp sushi
8. lobster tail
9. shumai
10. shrimp cocktail
11. crab cakes
12. lobster bisque
13. fish & chips (deep fried in the same oils as shrimp, sad)
14. crab croquettes
15. teppan style lobster

this list would probably be longer but i'm too hungry/angry to type on.

edit: here's something i'm glad i can eat. bread! me and shokupan man. he lights up!!





No comments: