Monday, July 5, 2010

life lately


how i've been feeling/looking/acting. blarrrghhh.

lately i've been enjoying overly simplistic meals. rice, karashi mentaiko (spicy pollock roe), sometimes miso soup. i crave just the flavor of good quality rice and have been eating bowls upon bowls of it lately. maybe it's just an asian fix i'm in... or maybe it's because it's too hot and i don't want to do anything in the kitchen. this is not good, guys. my laziness is even leading me to consider eating the somen that sits in our fridge. i absolutely hate somen more than any other noodle in the world.

i want to start baking again. my desire to make pies is so great. perfect timing since it's cherry season and it'll be over very soon! i was at my dad's house a few weeks ago and discovered this show called "cupcake wars." have you seen it? it's like this super extreme iron chef style cooking competition. it's so intense! i made my dad hold off taking me home until we saw who won. it was this sort of amy pohler-esque girl and her really hippy eco-designed cupcake tower. then it turns out it's an actual SERIES?! there has been more than one episode aired? my mind = blown. i really really wish i had cable tv but am half glad i don't because then i'd never be anywhere anymore.

in not-food-blog related news, i just watched 120 days of sodom today. i downloaded it yesterday after reading the top 10 most horrifying movies of all time (it was like number 4 or something on the list). i figured it couldn't be that bad because it was ranked below the exorcist and that movie was more funny than scary. I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE WRONG. i mean, it wasn't really that bad but it was a lot worse than i had anticipated. reminded me of hostel.. except a lot more graphic in a eww that's gross as opposed to a ho shit that's fucked up kind of way. you know?

this video is not safe for work/home/life. just a warning.


inspiring me to read the book, though.

No comments: