Sunday, August 1, 2010

weekend fun

so friday ended up being a lot of fun. i didn't go to the bon dance as i had originally planned, but i did go out and drink way too much. thanks to everyone that i did see. in all honesty, i was sort of picturing my night as me drinking by myself at various bars. i didn't anticipate to see as many familiar faces as i did, nor the not-so-familiar, but i'm glad i did and thanks for all the well wishes. a special thank you to joe, who is always there to take care of me. i've got your back this year, buddy.

saturday morning i had the worst hang over of my life. okay, not greek festival '09 bad, but still pretty horrible. i spent most of my day eating rice and curry and playing starcraft as i attempted to recover.


if you haven't already played this game (at all, or the new version) it's pretty amazing. i'm hooked! the new battle.net system is pretty amazing, too. friends list! yay! send me your bnet ID, guys!

my dad had me over for dinner a little later in the evening and we had roast pork/mochiko pork/ steamed veggies. my step mom, atsuyo, introduced me to her love. avocado and wasabi shoyu. it's kind of amazingly good but there's something about knowing it's really bad for you. i imagine a wasabi shoyu dressing on an avocado arugula salad would be amazing. i'll try it out and let you know. my dad also baked me a really huge cake. three layers!


i do not know how i will finish this all. so. much. sugar. gah! but thanks, dad, if you're reading this! it's actually really good. two layers of funfetti cake and the middle is lemon with a cream cheese icing between and regular frosting on the outside. nummy!

then last night i went to this show for a friend's brother. it was his birthday. all kinds of madness came out of that night, and while i still can't stomach the reality of certain things the boys are absolutely right. i will absolutely look back on last night and think "wow, that was some awesome/crazy shit." i am going to keep this vague for a reason because a) what did happen was pretty obscene and b) i don't want to get anyone in trouble. man-oh-man, though, i'll never forget... not even if i tried.

i've never had a jack in the box double cheese burger in my life. generally speaking, i really have a dislike for fast food burgers except when i'm poor, but even then i'd rather eat a cup noodle. last night i realized that i really do not like these types of burgers and while everyone gave me a little shit for ordering it, i can honestly say that i regret it immensely. the way it sort of floated in my stomach atop all that beer was the most unsettling feeling. never again. but i always say that and i always find myself back in line at mcdonalds. convenience is a hard thing to pass up.

anyway, to sum this post up, i had an amazing, exciting, crazy, change-filled weekend. totally looking forward to august and the rest of this year!

No comments: