Thursday, August 19, 2010

it hurts, guys.

so first i want to start this post with pictures that will guaranteed gross you out. yesterday i worked a really long shift (6am-130pm) and i was dead tired afterwards. i rode my bike home begrudgingly and when i got home i had less than an hour to nap. i figured that it wouldn't be worth it, because i'd wake up more tired. i decided, then, that i should go jogging to boost my energy. this is what happened.




i. fucking. tripped. and. ate. shit. UGH. sorry for the bandaid photo but when i took it off this morning i was thoroughly grossed out with myself. i hate the sight of blood especially when it's my own. but now i have this crater thing in my knee. no skirts or shorts for a while. in addition to that knee, i have a scrape on the other side, scrapes on my right elbow and on both of my hands, and a bruise because i hit a rock on my right thigh. I AM IN PAIN. :((((

anyway onto the less gross stuff! my last day at satura photos:



miho and i. she's leaving, too!



actual last day. andy bought me a lei. i had to wear it all day.



blurry, but this is a picture of the soda josie bought me as a good bye gift in addition to the waste cupcake that cody gifted me. thanks, guys!



miho and kyoka made me a goodbye cake. amazing!! i miss you guys already.

then to go back in time, here are photos from my birthday dinner at CPK with my mom. my brother didn't show up. but that's okay, i guess. i was so tired this day.



asparagus and arugula salad! and the hummus and pita bread thing!



see, i told you this is my mom's signature pose.



clam linguine



me and my sam adams, margherita pizza, and diet coke! the pizza was mediocre.


it's so weird how into greek food my mom has been lately. it started when she wanted to eat lunch with me one afternoon and we couldn't decide where to eat. "how about greek?" i asked. she made the nastiest face ever, "yadda. daikirai." really? i asked. turns out she was basing her disgust on that movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding and how the food didn't look super delicious. "niku bakkari janai ka?" no, mom, it's not completely meat filled cuisine. after a bit more talking i convinced her to try eating at the greek corner with me over on university and king. she was amazed! she kept saying that their food seemed so healthy, not bad oily, vegetable filled. she also loves feta cheese.



here's a photo of her at the greek cafe. i went there with her a few weeks ago and it was pretty amazing considering the price, but definitely not the best greek food on island.

i'm really bad at ending posts with the whole tying this whole blog together thing. i feel like all my posts are just some stream of consciousness bullshit that never gets anywhere and no point is ever made. but meh, i think it's a good idea to record my thoughts regardless of how scattered they are, right?

No comments: