Saturday, April 2, 2011

where is my mind?

I haven't updated at all lately and it's just out of pure laziness. I've been cooking a lot more at home lately and eating work food a lot more, too.



A few weeks ago I had dinner at my dad's house. He really likes deep fried things (and let's be honest, who doesn't?!) so he made me a breaded feast for at least ten people. We somehow managed to eat most of it among the three of us (my step-mom included).



He took a whole chicken and chopped it up into pieces. Most were hard to discern, the batter morphing them into similar shapes. The only ones easily identifiable were the drumstick and the wings, the rest were just a hodgepodge. The mushrooms were so hot after being deep fried, probably the moisture in them coming out via heat. So we had to cut them in half to have them cool down to a reasonable temperature. My dad learned this the hard way-- out of excitement he quickly bit into the mushroom and burnt his entire lower lip. Had to use a soda bottle from the fridge to get the swelling down. Hah!





Dad really likes the crispy breaded crumbs so he stacked the chicken like a tower to get to them. I have no idea if they managed to eat through the rest of that chicken. I'm sure it'd be easy, though. It was pretty amazing.

I've kind of been on a chicken fix as of late, though. There was this pretty amazing (and simple!) chicken and mushroom recipe on Food Wishes that I wanted to try out. It came out even better than I had anticipated. Paired it with some steamed rice and a simple mixed green salad.

No comments: