Saturday, April 23, 2011

ramen + muffins

I caught a cold again this past week and have been feeling like crap since. It's definitely gotten better, but I have long coughing spells that even cough drops can't cure.

I ate at Tenkaippin (which, by the way, is my second favorite ramen place of all time) because I figured hot soup and tons of garlic would help me out. I guess in a way it did. Gyoza was a bit soggy on this visit, but who cares. Kotteri forever!





(and for comparisons sake, a photo from my favorite ramen place, Nakamura Ramen)



Anyway, I wanted to bake muffins and Dan suggested cranberry orange so I made some. I found this amazing recipe from Bakingdom and they turned out amazing. The recipe is on that website if you wanted to make them yourself.



This is pre-glaze.



Post glaze with sugar topping. Funny thing about the topping-- I ran out of white sugar so I had to use brown. But it was refrigerated, so it was a little moist and dissolved a bit when I mixed it with the orange zest. Whoops! Still came out amazing though!

No comments: