Thursday, April 14, 2011

home stretch

So I'm a little less than a month away from the end of the spring semester and I couldn't be more elated. I quit caffeine on the 18th last month so I'm just four days shy of a month. So far, the only positive effect it's had on my life is that it's made my teeth look a little whiter. Cons? There are many. I feel more tired, moody, and forgetful than ever. I can't ever decide on a beverage since 99% of them have caffeine. I eat a ton more sugar and may be gaining weight as a result. I could go on and on.

I was thinking about celebrating my one month with a cup of coffee, but I'm being pressured to not give up the fight. It apparently takes a month or so to get caffeine completely out of your system. I'm still not feeling "normal."

Anyway, this post is really because I went to Little Village ages ago with Joe and have been staring at the photos on my phone. We need to go back ASAP!





The top was this crispy noodle thing. The bottom is a spicy noodle soup dish and chive/green onion pancake. Totally veg since Joe is still on Lent. I love Little Village!!

I'm going to make some pastries for my coworkers on Monday and have been struggling to decide what to make. Last time I made peanut butter cookies. I think I'm going to do chocolate chip muffins next!

No comments: