Thursday, February 24, 2011

Developing film = Automatic blog post

kapahulu ave

My commute to work is pretty tranquil. So much so I decided to take a photo. The weather (up until late) has been beautiful-- perfect breeze and coolness while still being incredibly sunny. I can't even explain really how happy I feel when I ride down this particular stretch of Kapahulu. Sometimes nature is just really awesome.

pines

I saw Matt and Kim with Dan and it was a pretty amazing show! I really love Aloha Tower-- it's a pretty surreal venue. Unlike the Cat Power show, this one was really hot and muggy. Probably because of all the kids dancing. I punched a guy in the face! T'was a good night!

matt & kim

Kaz moved to Japan so SRSS has a new guitarist. Their last show was on the 29th. Still torn that he's back in Kyoto. I definitely need to make a trip out there soon.

soul revival sound system

And then here are some not-film photos of food. Takoyaki and Unagi+Ikura Chirashi-don.



These are my favorite chocolates. Before, the ones that are green tea latte cream flavored were pancake flavored. I miss them. The rest are delicious, though!





These were tarts that were on sale at Nijiya. They were actually pretty good! I really liked the caramel almond flavored. The yuzu one was okay.

Then I went shopping at Safeway and discovered that they sell sourdough bread bowls. So I made myself manhattan clam chowder and a salad for a late night dinner. I didn't know what to do with all the bread I took out (for the soup), but discovered that the chinese actually deep fry bread and eat it for breakfast! Next time!

No comments: