Sunday, April 4, 2010

magical acai sundays!! +recent lunches

Not that I'm trying to push drugs onto you but man, my new favorite Sunday routine is a bowl to myself and then an acai bowl. I've been meaning to make a trip out to the Health Bar but it's kind of out of the way. So lately I've been making regular trips to Blue Hawaii Lifestyle. Sure, $8 for an acai bowl is pretty damn steep (considering the economy yadda yadda) but a once-a-week treat, I say it's alright!





How could you resist that? None the less, I kind of want to make it a routine with someone else (instead of uh, randomly calling up people to have them watch me eat, hah). So if you're interested, holla at me! Also side note: the teas there are pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

Unreleated (but totally important!). I have lost weight as I mentioned before, so I've been making it a new habit to eat healthier, with the occasional It's-it sandwich as a treat! But here's a picture of my lunches lately.




I KNOW YOU'RE JEALOUS. So here's the breakdown. Basically I'm in love with spring mix salads (prepackaged because it's a pain to get all those assortment of leaves). Topped with sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced onions, cheese (usually mozzarella/cheddar mix) and dressed in a balsamic vinaigrette. Then on half to 3/4in. slices of baguette bread, I top them with a margarine, diced onions, cheese, and sometimes tomatoes if I have some left over! So so so good. The cheese is a great protein instead of meat which really helps hold off hunger. Love this.

No comments: