Saturday, March 6, 2010

Look what I made!

Because I'm slacking, here you go.


Scallops and Feta Cheese Pasta

Ingredients!
Olive oil
Scallops
Garlic (3-5 cloves)
White wine
Linguine
Tomatoes, chopped
Spinach
Oregano
Basil
Feta cheese

Directions!
Heat the olive oil, garlic, and scallops over medium heat. Add some white wine (I kind of eyeballed it?) and let it simmer for about five minutes. Meanwhile, boil the linguine with a pinch of salt for about 10 minutes. While the pasta is going, mix the chopped tomatoes, spinach, oregano, and basil until everything is kind of tender. Toss the pasta in the sauce and feta cheese and serve!





So originally the recipe called for shrimp. I bet it'll taste a lot better with that, too. But because I have a shellfish allergy I substituted and it came out fine! It's pretty much the only dish I've made to date that my mom has absolutely approved of.

As for the white wine, I say choose one you like to drink (as everyone says). I used Rodney Strong Sauvignon Blanc. Speaking of! I suppose this is sort of a wine revolution, so to speak, because corks are out and screw on tops are in. Yes! It actually keeps the wine for much longer and is easier to use! I hope that all wine companies jump on that. But back on topic, I like to cook with chablis as well! Both are fantastic to drink.

I think I'm going to try and stray from tomato/wine based sauces and try something simpler. So next up? Maybe a tobiko spaghetti with olive oil? We'll see!

No comments: