Sunday, January 24, 2010

ughh deliciousness

So I realized my food banner above was lacking. And to be honest it was really annoying me. Plus, i discovered this very stretchy layout template that has allowed me to break the awkward alignment rules (in your face, Dave and the internet).

I don't really know where I was going with that thought. But moving on! I decided to chronicle previous eats that I have photographed and shared on Facebook but was forced to spare details because... well.. people usually fill themselves with intense hate when you go into detail about how delicious something was (gee, makes you wonder how this blog will ever become a success, right?).

SO HERE IS A FUN FACT. I really (bleep)ing love hamburgers. I don't know why; I just like the taste of beef! Although the Kua'aina Burger in Ward Centre isn't exactly as great as it's Haleiwa counterpart, I'm never disappointed with the size and flavor of the meal.



Top: 1/3 lb Hamburger with grilled onions. Below: 1/3 lb Cheeseburger with Provolone. Large basket of fries on the side!

Offered in third-pound and half-pound patties, these burgers are always juicy and filling. I love that the veggies are always so fresh! Even the lettuce is always leafy, they always cut off the stiff stalk of it. If Haleiwa wasn't so inconvenient I would go there everyday!

For our one year anniversary, Kenji and I got breakfast at Lulu's Restaurant in Waikiki. I got the Magnum P.I. Burger, which ended up being 10x bigger and more delicious than I had anticipated.




It came with this amazing veggie salad! I wish I could remember what the dressing was called. Anyway! We went to the beach after and I totally kanak'd on the beach. Ended up with slight sunburn.

That's all for burger photos. Sorry that I'm lacking. Still getting into the habit of taking photos of everything and trying to compile it into something tangible.

No comments: