Sunday, January 3, 2010

so the first real food post

I guess if you know me, you probably know that I have some serious obsession with food. Yes, I'm guilty of being a glutton and I'm perfectly fine with that! Although I haven't quite mastered the craft of cooking on my own you can trust that I'm getting there fast!

I'm hoping to post photos of things I've made, ate, seen, would like to try, etc. But for now, here is my review on Cafe Maharani! Located on South King next to Down to Earth, it's a quaint restaurant. Seating is limited! During the summer of 2009 I went there with my friend Angel! Don't mind the fact that we both look incredibly awful; it was the most humid day ever. It was my first time eating Indian cuisine; it was a cultured day overall!



The Tandoori Chicken Kebab Platter! + Naan and Rice



Angel



Me!



Angel in front of the restaurant



Me again!

The food was incredibly spicy but was well complimented with the raita (yogurt) sauce. The rice was well seasoned, and the naan very hot and crispy! The two of us have small stomachs, so we only ordered this one platter and still had leftovers. The service was nice (with the exception of the waiter spilling a bit of water on me on accident). There is a flat screen mounted on the wall playing Bollywood movies in the background. The sound is hard to hear because the restaurant is usually very packed, but made for fun visual entertainment while we were waiting for our food.

The only real downside is the fact that Angel's cup was somewhat rusty and had a distinct metallic flavor in the water. Although this was easily fixed when we requested another cup, it's unlikely that they actually got rid of that rusty one.

Okay, I guess I should probably work on my food journalism, because to be honest this review sucks. Oh well.

Love,
Arisa

No comments: