Saturday, October 6, 2012

gone and back

So for the last nearly two months I've tried really hard to write a substantive, interesting update about my new life in Seattle. I've failed continuously. I don't know what to say because I don't want to sound overly enthusiastic about my new life because I feel like it'd be a slap in the face of my friends back home. And I can't be that happy about being here just yet because a) the rain hasn't started and b) I haven't really made any friends yet.

I've been on imgur and instagram a lot lately. I feel, and perhaps many of you that frequent both might agree, that sometimes it's too difficult to explain what I'm doing and how I'm feeling through just words. Maybe the last four years of intense essay writing and reading dense, literature (think 18th century here, folks) have burnt me out on language. So I've been taking a lot of pictures.

I should admit, now, that I do genuinely dislike instagram but I feel like it's become the new facebook of sorts and many people close to me only use that app (and have deactivated their facebook accounts to boot). I usually post without filters. I don't know how to link my account just yet.

Anyway, back on track, I don't really have the words to explain how the last two months have been. So here are some pictures. I hope you get a sense of where I am and what I'm feeling.

IMG_2203IMG_2206 beef stew IMG_2178
IMG_2176
IMG_2192 IMG_2193 IMG_2187 IMG_2188 IMG_2209 IMG_2216 IMG_2248 IMG_2263 IMG_2265 IMG_2277 IMG_2278 IMG_2279 IMG_2282 strawberries strawberries

1 comment:

dave said...

I really like the stegosaurus picture.

I think, if I ever packed up and moved across the country, I'd feel much like that.