Sunday, November 14, 2010

i am sweaty

well, i should say that i was sweaty. today was a horrendously hot day and i'm so glad that it's finally over.

where to begin? today was my day off but i had a work meeting of sorts. so i sat and ate all morning long and rode my bike into waikiki around 3pm. i have never felt so disgusted with myself in my entire life. i hate hawaii this time of year; the humidity is killing me.

the meeting, incidentally, was in the DFS Starbucks lounge area. if you're familiar, it's an outdoor seating area. so around 330pm the sun is just hanging over the royal hawaiian shopping center, basically means just glaring over the building and into the starbucks courtyard. the umbrellas did nothing, and even if they had provided shade it wouldn't have mattered. so humid.

i trekked from there to the neil blaisdell center, where there was the first annual (perhaps, might be canceled) sci-fi convention. i can't remember the official title but none the less, for the $15 i paid i was incredibly let down. the only saving grace was the gaming sections, but those were already filled with people and the only game we were able to play was rock band. hmph.

what i DID get out of the thing was this really funny pin of LOLface. covering my face because i'm not wearing make up, hah.



anyway. speaking of nerdiness, i've been trying to keep myself in check but have sunk farther over the last week. my friends have introduced me to neil patrick harris' "dr. horrible's sing along blog." it's pretty amazing. oh, and i've been watching The Guild non stop.



i guess i'm pretty attached to the show because i was in a guild and totally had a life like that girl codex some five years ago.



that's a screenshot of me getting magebombed in this MMO i used to play called Tibia. old me. hah. that particular photo is the reason i quit back in 2006. oh, and because i had a boyfriend and he was getting mad that i was ditching him to play video games. whatever.

anyway to wrap this post up, i need to stop playing so many games? or no, maybe just stop talking about them so much. yup.

edit//

side note: in my screenshot note the klegs, b robe, c shield, plat ammy and boh combo. i was rocking an amazing set in '06 for a druid. hah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the guild.
i went through 3 seasons yesterday. and now i want to play world of war craft or something...

arisa said...

oh come on, if you're going to play an MMO try something less gay. :P

dave said...

The girl in Dr. Horrible's~ blog pissed me off. It was a pretty decent movie, but her synthesized voice made me frown. :(

If you have Netflix on your (shitty!) XBOX, watch "All Dogs Go To Heaven" or some other old movie, and listen to one of the songs by any of the dogs. Ir drives me crazy that pretty much any song nowadays is recorded with that autopitch thing.