Sunday, May 2, 2010

updates for updates sake


It's so hot. I'm eating ice cream and it's almost 7PM (dinner time). My diet hasn't been the healthiest lately. Today I ate a slice of vegetarian pizza from Boston's Pizza, two spring rolls from Pho Tri, $14 worth of sushi at Genki, and a fudgey cupcake from the Starbucks cafe. I know what you're thinking. "Arisa, you're so skinny! You don't have to worry about your weight!" Shut up. I am skinny fat and I should probably be working out so I can get toned and shit.

Anyway this isn't a blog about me it's a blog about food. I forgot to write about my slow-cooked ribs adventure. Basically I discovered what I did wrong the last time and reattempted some weeks ago. It was an absolute success.

I followed all the steps except the part about baking. The oven was on bake at 275degreesF. I wrapped the ribs in two sheets of foil, top and bottom, and then sealed the sides closed. Then I put it in a casserole dish of sorts, with a lid! This way the moisture stays inside. Who would have thought!


So after baking for about two and a half hours I opened up the foil and then basted them with BBQ sauce. Then I broiled them for about twenty minutes.


FALL OFF THE FUCKING BONE! I was in disbelief. Ask my mom! I almost started crying!



Anyway it turned out to be a horrifyingly oily meal that I won't attempt again for a while. Maybe broiling on a broiling pan instead to help with the oils sitting. Either way, aaaaaaamazing!

No comments: