Monday, February 22, 2010

internet + food = future shopping addiction

So lately I've been feeling a little depressed (probably because I've been stuffing myself with cakes from work) so I've been online shopping. My usual method is to add everything I want in the cart until I feel satisfied, then scroll up and down the list, deleting things until I come up with a reasonable sum. I did it on UO for about two hours and cut my $1K+ shopping total to some measly $380. I haven't bought it yet, but just illustrating... I'm kind of addicted to online shopping.

I guess I'm like most people. I absolutely hate the whole standing in lines, walking around searching through everything. It's like an awful scavenger hunt that I end up having to PAY for. Online shopping makes it easy because the computer knows exactly if the size exists or not! No searching! It's just there or it isn't!

If only grocery shopping were that easy.. but wait! IT IS!

Did you know if you type in "bacon" into Amazon's search bar this comes up?



I guess it's really no surprise that online food shopping is becoming more and more common. Google's top searches for 2009 includes a food list. Globally, the top searches are as follows:
  1. acai berry
  2. picnic
  3. クックパッド
  4. tesco direct
  5. senseo
  6. peanut butter recall
  7. nespresso commande
  8. habibs delivery
  9. mocktail
  10. masterchef australia
The ease and accessibility is making my life a nightmare. While hanging out with the boyfriend at home just after shopping for Japanese chocolates, I found an ebay user selling Coffeebeat. It's this candy made by Meiji and it's my absolute favorite candy of all time. I've been searching all over Hawaii for it and to my astonishment, the internet has a number of websites I can order it in bulk! The shipping is a bitch, but I think it'd be worth it.

Twenty of these for $23 + $9 S&H? I THINK IT'S WORTH IT. Try and convince me otherwise!

No comments: